Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hello To all my faithful followers!!!!  I hope this post finds you all well and WARM!  I found this interesting quote...I just have to share...


We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~Ellen Goodman

I am constantly looking to improve my sculptures, and while looking back over time, it is amazing how they have changed over the years.  With trials and errors and "OH YEA's!!!!" and Ah HA's and throw that in the trash's...I am where I am today.  I truly LOVE to sculpt and my love for horses makes it even better.  And ever since I was a little girl, trying to raise money to buy a show halter for my pony, I have always been seeking ways to earn a living with my hands.  Back then, I had no idea I would be doing what I love rather than heading out to a 9-5 job.  I've done the 9-5 and was never more restless in my life.  My mind would wander to all the creations I wanted to make, yet I sat at a desk and pushed a pencil and pounded the keyboard.  I feel so blessed that you are all in my lives to help make my dream possible.  Thank you!

With that said, I wanted to put this out that I am planning an adoption event this week!  YAY!  I know..it's been awhile.  :)  So, Thursday, January 29 at 8PM Eastern time, be sure to head over to my Facebook page, Flakey 'n Friends (link below) and join in the fun!  I have a small preview of some of the items that will be available.  There will be more, but they haven't been born yet.  

I will also be holding an auction...POSSIBLY 2...not sure yet...but they will be a little longer auctions than normal.  I've had several requests to hold them longer, so you ask, I deliver.  These will be 24 hour auctions...they will come up at 9:00PM  and 9:15PM Eastern time on Thursday January 29 and will end at 9:00PM and 9:15PM Eastern time on Friday January 30.  So, be sure to tune in to see what I have available.  :)

So, for now...here is a small preview...and I SERIOUSLY need to get me a light box so I can take photos INSIDE my warm house...I have FROZEN fingers.  LOL

 Below is a close of up the first auction that will be up.  "A friend in need is a friend indeed" This little pony is just trying to help out a friend in need.  In her warm dry galoshes, she is making a pebble walk way across the puddle for the little bunny that is trying to stay dry under the oversized daisy, while the tulips and daisy's all soak up the warm spring rain after a long cold winter.  Complete with authentic looking raindrops, this piece is well oversized and comes stamped with the Flakey 'n Friends original makers mark so you are sure to know you have a one of a kind piece made by yours truly. :)

That's all I have for now!  Keep warm and safe and my thoughts are with those of you east of me here in PA.  Think spring while mother nature unleashes her fury on the eastern coast.  
Jaime and all my Flakey's


3 comments:

  1. Deb Taylor: Thanks for the post and the heads and also for having another adoption/auction. Looks like there will be some real cuties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Deb!!!! I'm still creating...but I think you will be happy! :) Spots, and paints and lots and lots of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WooHoo..really looking forward to it :). Is it a random draw or ?????

    ReplyDelete